THURSDAY, JUNE 24, 2021
2021 Virtual Salute To Black Music: The Business Behind The Music
(818) 604-7405 Sabra Diogioes Waddy
(213) 835-7277 Britt Dixon
The Black Business Association celebrates
African American Music Appreciation Month
If you missed our 2020 Salute To Black Music honoring Richard "Dick" Griffey and Gail Mitchell, catch it here. Enjoy the Show!
The Black Business Association (BBA), the oldest active ethnic business organization in the State of California, will host its “2021 Salute to Black Music Virtual Awards Presentation”, whose theme is “The Business Behind the Music” in recognition of “African American Music Appreciation Month” on Thursday, June 25, 2021.
The BBA is excited to announce it will honor Rap/Hip-Hop Music icon & Philanthropist, Calvin “Snoop Dogg” Broadus, with the “Lifetime Legacy Award”, Businessman & Philanthropist, Michael R. Harris, with the “Business Pioneer Legends Award”. The contributions of these esteemed honorees reflect the program’s theme; “The Business behind the Music,” as we recognize them for their impact in the advancement of African Americans in the music business. We will also (posthumously) honor Rapper, Entrepreneur, and Activist, Nipsey Hussle, with the “Distinguished Business Advocate Award”.
We are also excited to have Felicia "The Poetess" Morris as our Mistress of Ceremonies.
A Video Collage Presentation of the honorees’ distinguished careers and lifetime achievements will be featured during the program along with Special Guest Appearances from friends, family, and music industry colleagues.
Among Past (STBM) Honorees are, Berry Gordy, Motown Founder, Smokey Robinson, Writer, Producer, Performer, & Motown VP, Janet Jackson, Mega Music Performer and Pioneer, Siedah Garrett, Writer, Producer, and Performer, Clarence Avant, Godfather of Black Music, Jheryl Busby, Music Industry Executive, Gail Mitchell, Journalist & Media Mogul, Michael Bivens, Singer, Rapper, Manager, Actor, Producer, & founding member of New Edition and Bell Biv DeVoe, and Richard “Dick” Griffey, Music Industry Giant, President & CEO of Solar Records.
We are including the following link for you to view highlights from the 2020 (BBA) “Virtual Salute to Black Music” event at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJU42A590L8. For more information on the organization, please visit us at www.bbala.org.
The BBA invites you to join us in this celebration in acknowledging the “2021 Salute to Black Music Honorees” by Sponsoring this event in support of the BBA. Several options for your consideration and participation are listed on the following page.
Please feel free to reach out to us should you have any questions regarding supporting the BBA or of the event. We thank you look forward to hearing back from you soon regarding your desired Sponsorship Participation.
2021 Sponsorship Opportunities
Platinum Sponsor: $10,000
- Listing as Platinum Sponsor on all Virtual (STBM) Event Branding & Promotional Materials.
- Platinum Sponsor Website Posting
- On-Air Platinum Sponsor Acknowledgement throughout Virtual Program
- (2) Two (30 sec.) Promo Spots during Program- Provided by Sponsor
Gold Sponsor: $5,000
- Listing as Gold Sponsor on all Virtual STBM Event Branding & Promotional Materials
- Gold Sponsor Acknowledgement on BBA Website & Social Media Promotions
- On-Air Gold Sponsor Acknowledgement
- (1) One (30 sec.) Promo Spot during Program – Provided by Sponsor
Silver Sponsor: $2,500
- Listing as Silver Sponsor on all Virtual STBM Event Branding & Promotional Materials.
- Silver Sponsor Listing on BBA Website & Social Media Promotions
- Sponsor Acknowledgment during Program
- Please visit our Online Donations page to make a general donation today.